A wonderful Saturday
Yesterday went to the family bbq, supposedly a farewell for me but luckily its just a normal bbq….Whoosh…. Helped sis to prepare the food for the bbq… Basically just playing around coz we don really know how to prepare. Mummy is usually the one who prepares. Took a cab to aunt’s house at about 5. The bbq started quite late coz we had difficulty setting up the fire… Last time, it was mummy who set it up but she not around. Then the savior came, Uncle Chin managed to set it up. Then the fun started… The young ones are the one doing the work while the older generation just rest, sit around and wait for the food…. Hehe… The food was not bad, quite a lot of variety and yummy…
Next to us, there were some Australian expats also having bbq. Theirs was much high class… They had table setting… using real cutlery, just like fine dinning while ours was the typical Singapore market style…Haha… Luckily it did not rain , den my younger cousins went off to play soccer… I just sit around and talk to the older ones… I was very glad that I went for the bbq last night. I think I will have regretted it if I didn’t go. Never mind that the food was not exceptionally wonderful but it was the togetherness of the whole family that made the whole bbq so successful. I have not felt something like this for a long time. A bit overwhelmed by all the concern and support from my aunts and cousins. They are simply wonderful, made me have a sudden feeling don want to go Brunei liao… Many of them say they will fly over to visit me next yr since they also never visited Brunei before… Like wat Ellen said, it may be tired organizing the bbq, but its very heart warming to see everyone around and enjoying themselves….
After the bbq, went to Bedok to meet Zihui and Li Ying for supper… Havent seen my dear primary sch friends for some time… We sat down at Mac and yak all the way till 11 plus, then zihui had to leave to take the last bus… They had a surprise for me, which was the belated bdae card… So sweet of them… Every year they never fail to remember my bdae… So thankful to u all… Hehe…
“The only road to happiness is gratitude for the many blessings present in our lives.”
Next to us, there were some Australian expats also having bbq. Theirs was much high class… They had table setting… using real cutlery, just like fine dinning while ours was the typical Singapore market style…Haha… Luckily it did not rain , den my younger cousins went off to play soccer… I just sit around and talk to the older ones… I was very glad that I went for the bbq last night. I think I will have regretted it if I didn’t go. Never mind that the food was not exceptionally wonderful but it was the togetherness of the whole family that made the whole bbq so successful. I have not felt something like this for a long time. A bit overwhelmed by all the concern and support from my aunts and cousins. They are simply wonderful, made me have a sudden feeling don want to go Brunei liao… Many of them say they will fly over to visit me next yr since they also never visited Brunei before… Like wat Ellen said, it may be tired organizing the bbq, but its very heart warming to see everyone around and enjoying themselves….
After the bbq, went to Bedok to meet Zihui and Li Ying for supper… Havent seen my dear primary sch friends for some time… We sat down at Mac and yak all the way till 11 plus, then zihui had to leave to take the last bus… They had a surprise for me, which was the belated bdae card… So sweet of them… Every year they never fail to remember my bdae… So thankful to u all… Hehe…
“The only road to happiness is gratitude for the many blessings present in our lives.”


<< Home